Friday, November 26, 2010

What I'm Thankful For

I use this time of the year to reflect on what I am truly thankful for.  While others are fighting at the stores to get the lastest bargain, I am sitting at home with my son enjoying life.  This year has been the toughest financially I have ever survived.  Real estate has taken a nosedive and my income went with it.  However, through it all we, my family, still have our health, we still have clothes on our backs and shelter over our heads.   But most importantly, I am still able to smile.

I told a good frined of mine not to long ago that I was looking forward to the day when he got his smile back.  That may have appeared rather trite, but it means a lot to me.  I believe that the inner smile can make or break a lot of people.  When you lose your inner smile, you are very close to giving up or you are really at the bottom.

So I have to say that I am most thankful for my inner smile.  Be thankful for the things that are truly yours.  The rest can be replaced.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Live * Love * Laugh