Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A New Twist on Broccoli Salad

Last week we had a potluck in my office.  I was going to bring the Cucumber Salad/Salsa I shared a couple of weeks ago.  While in the store with a good friend, she suggested I bring broccoli salad.  I have had broccoli salad before.  To my surprise, it is usually made with bacon.  Needless to say I was not able to enjoy it.  So I set out to make it still flavorful and vegetarian.  I was successful.

Here's the recipe:

Broccoli Salad

Ingredients:
Broccoli                          Mayonnaise or Vegenaise               Pepper (black or cayenne)
Onion                              Apple cider vinegar
Craisins                           Sea salt

Note: I didn't include measurements because I made the salad totally on taste.  I would suggest that you make it proportionally.  2 parts broccoli to 1/2 part onion to 1.5 part craisins.  The amount of mayo/veganaise will be added depending on how moist you want your salad.  Keep the amount of vinegar light because it can overpower your salad.

Instructions:

Cut the stems off the broccoli and place in food processor.  Chop until they are in crumble size pieces.  Meanwhile cut the crowns into smaller pieces.  Place the chopped stems and the cut crowns into a bowl.  Dice the onion and place with broccoli.  Add all the other ingredients.  Mix and enjoy.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Live * Love * Laugh