Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Quick Summer Salad/Salsa

I was asked to bring an appetizer for Thanksgiving.  For some reason I pondered over what to bring for a few days.  My dilemma really was around the fact that my eating habits have changed so much that others may not enjoy the same foods that I enjoy now.  So I had to think of something that would be acceptable to the diners.  And since I waited so long to make a final decision, there was no time to go to the store and purchase ingredients.

So the challenge was on.  Make a dish with the ingredients in the house and that the others will enjoy.  I believe I came up with a great solution - a cucumber salsa.  Everyone enjoyed it and the comment was made that it would be a wonderful summer salad.  Thus, the name, A Quick Summer Salad/Salsa.  Here's the recipe:

A Quick Summer Salad/Salsa

1 and 1/2 cucumbers (peeled and diced with seeds)
1/2 onion (red, white or yellow)
3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (soaked for at least an hour)
1 can of yellow corn (rinsed and drained)
Sea salt taste
Pepper to taste
Cumin to taste
Juice of one lime

Diced the cucumber, onion and tomatoes.  Pour in corn.  Add remaining ingredients.  Chill for a while if you have time.  Serve with tortilla chips or eat by itself.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Live * Love * Laugh